The preamplifiers from VIGO Systems S.A. are divided into six types.
Series MIP : Transimpedance-Preamplifier-Modules with axial radiator for the flexible operation in the laboratory (BenchTop-use) for TE-cooled detectors,
Bandwidth up to 250 MHz
Series µIP : Transimpedace preamplifier with and without housings for uncooled detectors in TO39-housings
Bandwidth up to 20 MHz
Series AIP Preamplifier with DC-output and integrated cooled controller, Suitable for bandwidth > 1 GHz
Important parameter are the way of coupling (AC or DC) and the bandwidth
- DC – Coupling, in the preamplifier name the “x” will be replaced by “D”, e.g. VPDC or MIPDC; the bandwidth of the module starts at 0 Hz, thus also cw-radiation can be measured
- AC – Couppling, in the preamplifier name the „x” will be replaced by „A”, e.g. VPAC or MIPAC; the bandwidth of the module starts at 10 Hz, 1 kHz or 10 kHz (depending from the uppper corner frequency)
- Bandwidth : There are different ranges of bandwidth offered. Please respect, that not all detector preamplifier combinations are possible, it means not all detector bandwidth combinations.
2) Controller for TE-cooling
The cooler controller PTCC-01 is in 3 versions available
- PTCC-01-OEM : Cooler controller with detector supply, without housing, with LED status indicator and data connector
- PTCC-01-BAS : Cooler controller with detector supply, with housing, with LED status indicator
- PTCC-01-ADV : Cooler controller with detector supply, with housing, with key menu and LCD display
Die PTCC-Cooler controller is compatible to the preamplifier types : MIP, SIP, PIP und QIP
For the control of the programmable module with preamplifier PIP and cooler controller PTCC-01, please install the program Smart Manager on your PC. It is here as download available :
Download Smart Manager: smart-exe
3) Low-noise – power supply
Low-noise power supply PPS-03 Front view
The power supply PPS-03 is dedicated for the operation of uncooled detectors integrated in the preamplifiers, VIP, SIP and µIP. As well the PPS-03 can be used for supply of the AIP-preamplifier with already included cooler controller.